Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something New In Store

Doll Kits...

....and actually, there is a WHOLE NEW STORE!   One I have spent the better part of the week setting up.  I have gotten thoroughly spoiled by Etsy... it is so easy to set up and load items into your shop.  Probably one of the most user friendly I have seen to date.  I decided I wanted to do things a little differently for the kits though, so I set up a shop specifically in Hyena Cart for them.  Why, you ask?  Hyena Cart had a specific feature that I really wanted to take advantage of:  the ability to preview a listing.  When I finish a doll, 99% of the time I post a preview pic both here and on Facebook so people have a chance to really see it before it goes into the shop.  If there is a mad rush to buy, you know what you are rushing for.  A mad rush and picking out just what you want for a doll kit did not seem like a good match to me.  So, I spent many hours and pulled out lots of hair (computer stuff is so not my thing!) and I finally got it looking the way I wanted with a really nice offering to start the doll kit experience.

Here's the link to the new shop:

http://hyenacart.com/stores/appletreehouse/

You will notice the shop is set up into different sections.  You will pretty much need to get one item from each section.  Please take a moment to read the listing about how the doll kits work so you will be clear before you buy:

http://hyenacart.com/appletreehouse/mt/4134/4/How-the-doll-making-kit-works-DO-NOT-BUY

For now, I will be offering 2 different colors:

Mocha and Peachy


One of the things that has got me super excited about the kits is the new look of the instructions... my dear friend Stephanie Corfee   really took it to the next level.  Here is a little peek at what they look like:


I am totally loving the little doodle apples she did along the border... I am seriously contemplating having her do some kind of repeat to make a fabric.  How cool would that be?!?

Ok, I am off to finish making heads for these kits... in case you were wondering, they will be available Friday 1/13/12 at 1 pm!

Thanks as always.... Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment