Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Big Plans

It is hard to believe that another year is coming to a close.  This is my second winter selling my Waldorf styled and inspired dolls, and boy has time flown by!  I just finished up the last 2 custom dolls for the year, both boys:




As I was preparing to send them off, it got me thinking.   I had forgotten how much fun custom dolls could be.  The end of the year seems to be a great time for reflection :)  I think it is high time to start taking some more custom orders.  There will be just a few spots at first, but as I get back into the swing of it there will be more.   There are currently 2 skin tones I have to chose from (peach and mocha - I have found these 2 colors clean up nicely from the smudges that happen during play) and you will be able to chose 8 or 12 inch. 

Harmony, in the shop now http://www.appletreehouse.etsy.com


That also got me thinking about my 10 inch doll making kits.  I really miss getting the excited notes and photos of mamas making dolls for their kids.  I am going to spend some time the next couple weeks getting supplies together and there will be kits in January in my Bigcartel shop.  I will put supplies in listed as  "Coming Soon" until I have everything together.  This time, kits will be offered a little differently.  There will be a listing for a kit with your choice of skin colors (based on what I have on hand).  The kit will include the pre-sewn body, head, thread to match, and instructions.  Then there will be separate listings for crochet caps and yarns for hair.  This will benefit us all... I will have choices available and you will be able to see and plan for yourself without trying to convo back and forth and not really knowing what you will get until it arrives.  I am still working out all the kinks, but that is the plan for now. 

"My mama made her just for me!"


Finally, I want to make more of my 15 inch baby dolls.  I do love this doll so much.  She has been wonderful company on my shelf as I set up the new house.  This size will eventually be offered as a custom doll option after I get a few more made as ready to go home dolls.  And there will be ready to go home dolls, just maybe not quite as many as you have been used to seeing, at least not in the beginning of the year. 





So, those are my big plans for 2012... I think I will be very busy :)

I hope wherever you are and whatever you do
That someone special can spend time with you!

xoxo Debra

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like lots of changes in 2012 Deb. I love the direction you are going and doing what you are inspired to do. Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete