Monday, January 17, 2011

LIMITED -- Doll Making Kits

Doll making kits are back!  Last time I offered them I asked for e-mails to be sent during a specified time period and that seemed to go very smoothly for everybody so we will do it that way again.  If you are interested in getting a custom kit to make a 10 inch doll, please send me an e-mail at appletreehouse@att.net on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 between 6 am EST and 1 pm EST. I will randomly select some e-mails and start notifying the mamas that afternoon and post a reserved listing on BigCartel that will need to be purchased and paid for within 24 hours, or I will have to offer the kit to someone else to keep things fair. E-mails will not be accepted before or after this time frame.  In order to expedite this whole process and get the kits out as soon as possible, please include the following info in your e-mail:

* light, medium, or dark skin


* eye color


* blond, light brown, dark brown, black, or red hair


* any favorite colors for fun yarns for the hair, as well as any colors you don't like (many of the art yarns are multi colored)



As a reminder, customized 10 inch doll kits are $78 come with the following supplies: ♥ a pre-made head with a cute little nose, ♥ a pre-sewn body in your choice of light, medium, or dark tan, ♥ eco-wool for stuffing, ♥ a crochet cap to get your doll wig started and yarn for hair in your choice of color, ♥ some art yarns in colors you love to make her hair fun, ♥ high quality threads for assembling the doll, ♥ embroidery threads in your choice of colors for eyes and lips, ♥ easy to follow instructions, ♥ a simple doll tunic and underpants pattern . I send ample amount of yarns and wool stuffing so you have the choice to use as much (or as little) as you would like to truly customize your doll. You will need some sewing needles and a few other basic items easily obtained at most craft style stores.

Here's an example of a mama made doll from one of the kits last year... her name is  Eloise, she lives in Australia... isn't she adorable?!?



After the listing is paid for, I will start putting kits together and sending them out, usually within 10 business days.  If you have any questions, please e-mail me or leave a post on the Facebook page and I will answer you as soon as possible.

Have a wonderful Monday!   xoxo Debra

3 comments:

  1. So excited!! Fingers crossed my name gets drawn :) ~Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best present I gave this Christmas! My daughter and I had so much fun making our doll and it really was her favorite gift. She is almost 10 but still loves dolls and sleeps with Kaylee every night. She is so beautiful and the kit was so easy to put together. I will get more in the future! I LOVE Apple Tree House dolls!!!

    ReplyDelete