Monday, September 13, 2010

What happened to the first half of September?

How did this happen?  We are almost 1/2 way thru the month, and I haven't posted even once?!?!
I guess I must have been busy.... :o)

Here's a pic of the last batch of girls....

Lucy is going to live in NY with Lea and Daisy


Mary Ellen is going to live in MI with Melissa and Astrid



Susanna ( I can't announce where she is going to live yet!)

For this week, the first things I will be finishing up are Vira's custom (an adorable brown eyed girl) and the Vashti doll inspired by the character in one of my favorite kids books, The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds in celebration of International Dot Day.  If you haven't ever read this book, I highly recommend it, the message is so powerful and good for people of all ages!  The custom dolls for Mary and Amy are also nearing completion... it would be so hard to part with these cuties if i wasn't sure that they will be oh so loved in their new homes.   I will post pics as the dolls are done.

In honor of International Dot Day (see the Facebook page for more details) and the spirit of creating something,   I will make 3 more 10 inch doll making kits available on Wednesday, September 15th at 10 pm EST.  Kits require some sewing expertise and even more patience.   Please have an idea of what you want for skin, hair, and eye colors so I can get the kit together and shipped ASAP... I will send you a convo shortly after purchase to discuss details.  I will be placing my last yarn orders this week!

Now, on to a subject lots of you have been asking about...  customs!  I will reopen a few more slots for   10-11 inch custom dolls on Thursday, September 16th.  Since the last upload went so nicely, I think I will try something a little different for custom doll slots this time... e-mail me at appletreehouse@att.net
 between 4pm  and 8 pm EST with the following info:

  1. Your Name

  2. Your Etsy Name

  3. The skin tone you would like (light, medium, or dark)

  4. The base hair color (blonde, light brown, dark brown, red, black)

  5. All curly, no curly, or curly bits (Apple Tree house Style)

  6. Eye Color

  7. Favorite Colors so I know what colored bits to put in the hair and what to look at for clothing

  8. If there is anything you absolutely MUST HAVE or  DO NOT LIKE
I will not be able to make any changes, changes take a lot more time than you would think and take me away from doll making, so think it over before you send your e-mail! 

At 8pm EST on Thursday, I will print out all the e-mails then randomly choose some to make.  Reserved Custom Listings will be set up in the shop that evening with a $40 deposit (the balance will be due on completion, custom dolls will be $115-$135)  The dolls will be completed by November 15th. 
You will have 24 hours to pay for your Reserved Custom listing...if it goes over 24 hours, your spot will be offered to someone else. 

I would also like to say Welcome and give a very special Thank You to Kristina...
She is the new page moderator on my Facebook page!  Many of you have greatly enjoyed the pics and fun things that Kristina has posted about Tatiana, now everyone can enjoy her adventures. 




Tatiana loves sparkly things...

Have a great day!  XOXO Debra

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I really, really hope I get a slot!!! That would be the PERFECT Christmas present for one of my girls! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so exciting!!! After getting lucky enough to have Lucy come live with us I now really need a special girl for Minnie :) I hope I get lucky enough to be chosen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added to the post that I will offer some kits as well this week on Wednesday :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debra, i sent u an email from okalilao about the doll kits & custom slot-just wanted to make sure u got it!
    So excited about these doll kits! Great idea!! Hope we can get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I LOVE Susanna!! Whomever gets her is totally lucky!!! ~Alison of Avi & Tali

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous girls! Would love to welcome one of your little ones home!

    ReplyDelete