Monday, September 20, 2010

50th Blog Post

I can't believe that I have had 50 posts on the blog already!  Who ever knew I had so much to say? (WINK!)

Last week was something else... my 100th sale, more kits, more custom slots.  I also had a super experience getting to "know" one of my all time favorite children's book authors, Peter H. Reynolds.  I had decided a while back that I wanted to make a doll based on our family favorite book, "The Dot".  I thought it would be fun to make that doll to coincide with International Dot Day on September 15th.  I made my mark, and here is where it took me:


I am so happy with the way Vashti turned out!  Believe it or not, this is the first doll I have ever done with bangs.  She is so very sweet... she has watercolor rainbow yarn in her hair.  I had an idea to auction Vashti to benefit a new Elementary School in my town and I wanted to sweeten the deal a bit, so I contacted Peter's company to see if he would be willing to sign a book to include in the auction package.  Many of my fans were kind enough to make a plea on his Facebook page in my behalf.  Much to my surprise, Peter contacted me HIMSELF and has agreed to send a book!  I am so very excited to be able to do this for the new school.  I will be hopefully getting the auction up and running on Ebay in the next week or so,  please check back here and on the Fan page for updates.  If you have never read the book, I highly recommend it for kids of all ages, the message is universal and really transcends all ages.

I have been also winding up the September customs... there is just one left to go out.  I will be gathering supplies for all of the kits and hope to have them out in about a week's time, then I will be putting more Ready To Go Home (R2GH) dolls in the shop as I work my way through the new batch of customs.  I am also looking into several options for producing t-shirts with the Apple Tree House slogan and original artwork by Stephanie Corfee and hope to be able to share that soon as well!

Thanks again for all of your support  XOXO Debra

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your new custom dolls to show their faces,and to watch your wonderful dolls put smiles on each and every child they come in contact with. Thanks for allowing me to come on your journey! Many good days to you...

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited to hear about RTG dolls coming ;) I can't wait to see the new cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter is my cousin and he is just so talented! The Dot is one of my favorites that he has done and I did a whole unit with my class on it last year. I LOVE the doll, absolutely LOVE her!!! Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 50 Blog Posts and 100 Etsy sales :). Soon it would be 1000 Likers on FB :).

    Wonderful news about the signed copy of The Dot book :). All the best with the auction of Vashti & the book :).

    Looking forward to seeing the RTG dolls as well as the custom ones :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all of the kind words! This has been quite an exciting time for me. BTW, a little known fact: I have a cousin named Peter Reynolds, that is what made me pick up the book when I first saw it!

    ReplyDelete