Friday, April 16, 2010

The "Perfect" Doll

This is Maisy...she is a 10 inch Waldorf Doll.  I had so much fun making her, and I think it shows in her sweet expression and amazingly soft hair.  I am going to take a break from the bigger dolls for a bit (I will still take custom orders for this size) and focus on this 10 inch size.  It is the perfect size for a small child to have as a special companion that they can tote around, and as a bonus it will easily fit in mom's purse if they need both hands free!  I also think the 10 inch size is great for the bigger kids as it is closer to Barbie / action doll size without having to deal with the horribly unrealistic proportions...it will let your kid be a kid and not worry about body image.
This smaller size doll is going on lots of adventures at my house!  
There will be a lot more clothing styles, and soon matching kid and doll clothes...my dear friend Cynthia is gathering fabrics and working on patterns as I type.

No comments:

Post a Comment